New Zealand Visitor Visa: Visit New Zealand
New Zealand is a great place to visit, not only does it have cosmopolitan cities it also has unmatched natural beauty only hours away. You may want to visit New Zealand for a short time simply to enjoy the experience or you may want to visit before deciding whether you would like to relocate permanently.
You may wish to visit your family and friends, or attend business meetings or a special event such as a sports or cultural meet, if you fall into the following categories you will need a New Zealand visitor visa:
- Not a New Zealand citizen, or resident holding a current resident return visa
- You are not an Australian citizen or resident holding a current resident return visa
- If you do not have a special exemption
- You are not from a visa-free country and visiting for the specified time
To be eligible to come to New Zealand as a visitor there are many requirements you need to meet before you get here and others you must meet during your stay.
To enter New Zealand, you need:
- Good health and good character
- a passport that’s valid for at least three months past the date you are to leave New Zealand
- be a genuine visitor/tourist, in other words, you have plans to leave and can prove this
- proof that you have enough amount of money to support yourself during your stay
- have the right visa for your visit
There are other requirements for people who are coming under one of New Zealand’s special visitor categories. These requirements are set out in the Application for Visiting New Zealand form (NZIS 1017).
In some cases, New Zealand may ask you to pay a bond – a sum of money that you will get back when you leave – or New Zealand may offer you a Limited Purpose Visa.